A little thought experiment.
1. God is Love.
2. Jesus is Forgiveness.
3. Now treat both as the very intrinsic ideas they are, not as beings or “entities.”
4. You can only reach love through forgiveness.
5. Love thy neighbor as yourself.
6. Forgive your neighbor (enemy) as yourself.
7. For only then can you forgive yourself.
8. When you can totally forgive yourself, simultaneously forgiving your neighbor, will you reach Love (God.)
9. Enlightenment is when you reach the understanding of loving, forgiving, and oneness with your enemy. This is true Christianity. This is true Bhuddism! Just my two cents.
The way I always thought of Christianity (and therefore didn’t agree with the church).